[Campus-morris-staff] status update?

Elena Machkasova elenam at morris.umn.edu
Thu Aug 7 22:39:04 UTC 2014

On 8/7/2014 6:12 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Wanted to check in with you about how planning is going.  Do you have
> a sense of whether you'll want to run on the 13th vs 14th, and which
> room you'll use?
>
> We use this timeline when planning events:
> http://osctc-planning.github.io/template.html#timeline
>
> 4 weeks out from the 13th/14th is next weekend.  By 4 weeks out, we
> like to have the date picked, the location reserved, and tasks
> assigned to specific people.
Yes, we have a room reserved for the 13th and have an approximate time
frame, assuming that some mentors may be driving from Twin Cities.
Currently we don't quite have the tasks assigned since we (the
committee) haven't met in person. I am working on identifying mentors
and career panel, and we've made some progress on this as well.

> I've worked with you all before and trust you to get things done, so
> I'm not worried about deadlines, but I thought I'd draw attention to
> the timeline.  I also wanted to make sure you know that I'll be on
> vacation from August 15th-31st.  I should be able to answer emails,
> etc, but there might be some delay, and it might make sense to try and
> get some things taken care of ahead of schedule.
Sounds good, thanks for keeping us in the loop! I will go over the
trello tasks and resources once more before the 15th, to see if we have
any questions. Enjoy your vacation!

Cheers,
Elena