[Campus-hartnell-staff] schedule/curriculum/responsibilities

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 21:43:09 UTC 2014

Everything looks like it's falling into place, except the contributions
workshop.  Can folks tell me:

- If you have a project they want to work on at the event, and if so, what
it is.

OR

- If you would like help finding something.  Options here include:
     - Pairing with me from afar to help folks contribute to my projects
WelcomeBot (<https://github.com/shaunagm/WelcomeBot>) and/or MergeStories (<
http://mergestories.com/>)
     - Helping students contribute to our recommended projects (<
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Recommended_Projects>).  These won't have remote
mentors available, most likely, but have first tasks identified and
relatively easy setup processes.
     - Helping students work on specific tasks such as improving project
accessibility
<http://openhatch.github.io/open-source-comes-to-campus/lessons/newcomer-tasks/accessibility/#/>,
improving project setup instructions
<http://openhatch.github.io/open-source-comes-to-campus/lessons/newcomer-tasks/setup/#/>,
cleaning issue trackers
<https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Newcomer_Tasks/Issue_Tracker_Cleaning>,
translating software <https://openhatch.org/wiki/Translate_software>.

OR

- If they would prefer to "float" or help with other activities.

Whatever you want to do is great!  I just want to get a sense of things so
I can make sure we've got a lot of great stuff for students to work on.