[Campus-hartnell-staff] Time and rooms

Katie Cunningham kcunningham at csumb.edu
Thu Nov 6 07:10:21 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'd like to confirm timing for the event. Last year we did 10:30am -
~5:30pm and I think it worked pretty well. The main thing is allowing
people from SF enough time to comfortably get down here. I know I had
mentioned 11-6 earlier, but I think starting a bit earlier will be better.
Any problems with / thoughts about 10:30-5:30?

Room C-212 will be our home base--it's a large room with multiple
projectors. I have other smaller rooms reserved as well for breakout
sessions if needed.

Get this, apparently all the following is also going on on Nov. 15 at the
(small) campus:

   - CoderDojo <http://steinbeckinnovation.org/programs/coderdojo/> -
   Programming camp for kids, where they do stuff like make websites, flash
   animation, and Scratch programming
   - AP CS MOOC - Salinas high school students are working on the Amplify
   AP CS MOOC <https://users-mooc.amplify.com/> with the help of a mentor.
   Another group of students meets 1 hr south in King City.
   - Cyber Saturdays - Another CS outreach thing that I don't even know
   about!

It's pretty incredible, I'm excited that you'll get to see almost the full
range of how we're trying to move the needle on diversity in tech here in
the Salinas Valley.

Best,
Katie