[Campus-hartnell-staff] I've rounded up 3 volunteers!

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 19:26:52 UTC 2014

So with Asheesh, Jonathan, you (Katie), Jesse, Chas and Ryan, we have 6
mentors.  Given that we have only 29 students signed up, that seems like a
reasonable mentor:student ratio.  Actually it's a low ratio with our normal
attrition rates (I'd expect 15 students for 30 sign ups) but this is your
cohort, right, Katie?  Do we want to do additional publicity to pull in
other students?  It's up to you.

I've created a doc in the google folder to help us keep track of day-of
responsibilities:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mU8YqL_SF-jffvG5KfBawO35-sHJ2v04ZkWhS7819yI/edit

Before we start assigning people to things, though, let's check that the
day looks how we want it to.  Relevant questions:
-- when do we want the day to start and end?  I believe we're starting a
bit later than usual to allow time for SF volunteers to get down to
Hartnell.
-- is the room set up to easily do small groups?  This is something we did
this past weekend at MIT and it really helped students get comfortable and
engaged.  It can also influence how we set up some of the curriculum.
-- are there elements of the curriculum you'd like to change or add?

best
Shauna