[Campus-gmu-staff] Meeting set up with mason scheduling manager

jrouly at masonlive.gmu.edu jrouly at masonlive.gmu.edu
Thu Jan 30 18:31:22 UTC 2014

Sorry for the delay in communication, I was waiting to hear back from the IT department to have more complete information for you.

The meeting went very well, basically the answer to every question is yes.

The room has capacity for 120, and we have two additional rooms for spillover or food/hardware storage. We have all three rooms all day.

The rooms are all open and free to access.

I requested guest wireless internet accounts from the IT department, and will update you when I hear back.

There is projection equipment in the main room, possibly also in the extra two rooms. Macintosh laptops will require an adapter which is not provided.

The next step on our end is setting up a menu (we're thinking three meals, with persistent snacks available) and passing it by dining. Catering will be within our budget.

If you think it would be useful, we'd also be open to contacting faculty to be involved in the event in some fashion. I don't know how flexible your schedule and organization is for these events, but if additional staff would be useful, we will hopefully be able to wrangle together some professors or graduate students.

We're also in the process of setting up a web presence for the event (hackmason.org) and will be beginning advertising & registration soon. What sort of a head count do you think would be appropriate? We can take names/emails on the website and limit registration.

Best,
Michel Rouly