[Campus-gmu-staff] hope everything went well!

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 22:34:03 UTC 2014

Let's do this asynchronously via email, so that others can chime in if they
have opinions/feedback.   I also got a fair bit of debriefing from Luke,
who was at the MIT event this past weekend.

* You say that there were a few tables of students and mentors
talking/working at the end of the day.  Do you recollect anything about the
projects being worked on and/or the conversations that were had?
 Basically, what were the most interested attendees interested in?  Were
you able to write down/identify these interested students for follow up
later?  (If not, would it have been helpful for us to ask you to do that
ahead of time or provide you with some kind of tool for it?  This is
something I do when I'm physically present at events but hesitate to ask
organizers to do for fear of overburdening you.)

* Did any high school students or younger kids end up coming?  I know there
were several that were possibly going to.

* Was there anything about the event that was unexpected or disappointing,
or that you feel you could have been better prepared by us for?  Please do
feel free to give constructive feedback - it's important to help us
improve.

* Are any of you interested in writing up the event in a short blog post
for the OpenHatch blog?  Totally optional.  :)

* Let me know when the pictures are up!

Thanks, Michel!

~ Shauna