[Campus-depaul-staff] status update

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 23:18:03 UTC 2014

Running through the list of things to take care of before the event.

*1)  Publicity*

Sheila sent out confirmation emails today (thanks Sheila).  It looks like
we've got a bunch more people signed up - 73 at current count.  This is not
as many as it seems - historically we get 50% attendance of sign up on
average, so: 30-40 attendees. We should consider when to close sign-ups,
though.  Now would be reasonable, as would be capping at 80 or 85.

*2)  Mentors*

We've got plenty of mentors (hi mentors?) but not a lot of communication
around who is doing what when.  I've pinged some folks.  If we haven't
cleared up who is doing what by the end of the day tomorrow, I'll do some
last minute mentor-searching on Weds.

*3)  Logistics*

I've got Massimo written down as taking care of good.  A couple other odds
and ends:

- Who will be at the site at least 15-30 minutes before the event starts to
set up? This includes putting up signs so students know they're in the
right place (have some of those here
<https://github.com/openhatch/open-source-comes-to-campus/tree/master/publicity/flyers/flyers_giving_directions>
but
pen and paper will do), setting out the food, arranging desks (if needed)
and extension cords (if needed), and starting the projector and linking to
the setup instructions.

- Will anyone be taking pictures?

- I highly recommend getting stickies and pens for nametags, and printing
out a sign-in sheet.  Green and red sticky notes for asking for help and
feedback are also excellent, though not necessary:
http://software-carpentry.org/workshops/operations.html#feedback

Let me know if there's anything you need with regard to the above, or if
you have any other questions!

best
Shauna