[Campus-davis-staff] following up after our Open Source Comes to Campus event!

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed May 21 22:10:52 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for helping out with the event on the 10th! Sorry for
the delay in following up.  I hope the event was a success - I've heard
good things from Asheesh and Britta. :)

I have a few more favors to ask of you all!

Feedback

I’d love to hear what you thought about the event!  We’ve created an exit
survey for you to fill out - please do so!  You can find the survey here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qr6s3fILLZ6uGDKFFDOZIBUYIKGhqo-9wL8ELc7FoXk/viewform

You’re also welcome to give us feedback via email.  Organizers especially
may feel there’s more feedback to give.  Constructive criticism is
especially appreciated.

Student Follow-up

Either myself or one of the local organizers will be sending a follow up
email to students with links to information they might have missed,
projects and resources that were mentioned during the day, etc.  If there’s
something you want to share with them - a local event or meetup group they
should attend, a great resource you mentioned (or wish you’d mentioned!),
an opportunity they might be interested in - please let us know so we can
include it.

If there were specific students you thought seemed especially engaged and
interested, please pass along their names to me.  In a few months we'll be
starting up a new mentorship program. We'll invite all event attendees to
participate in our mentorship program, but we want to reach out personally
to those who seem most likely to want to be involved.

Adding to the Mentors List

Finally, if you’re not already on our mentors email list - and I think, of
the people on this list, most of you aren’t - would you mind if I added
you? The mentors list is a low-traffic way for you to stay updated about
the events we’re running and find out if there’s an event in your area.  If
you don’t want to be on the list, but are interested in future events, let
us know and we’ll do our best to reach out to you personally (though we may
be more likely to miss you).

Logistics

We like to document our events through pictures and blog posts.  To do
that, we need:

- Pictures from whoever took them.  You can upload them wherever you like
and give us a link, or you can share them with us and we’ll upload them.

- Mentors should tell us how they’d like to be referred to in the blog
post. See this post for an
example<http://openhatch.org/blog/2014/teaching-open-source-at-umass-amherst/>of
how mentors are usually thanked and referred to.  Note that we are
happy
to link to a personal or professional page from your name.  We’re also
happy to use first names only, or not mention you, if you prefer.

Okay, cool, that’s everything!  I’m really looking forward to hearing back
from you about how the event went.  I hope you all had a great time, and
again: thank you thank you thank you!

best
Shauna