[Campus-bucknell-staff] curriculum for Saturday

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 21:36:35 UTC 2014

So the career panel for tomorrow will be:

- Emily Dirsh, who is a UX designer at Red Hat.  She can talk about Red
Hat's model for making money off of open source, her own nontraditional
path into computer science and open source, and non-code contributions.
- James Vasile of OpenITP who can talk about the role of open source in
anti-surveillance and anti-censorship efforts.
- Karen Tang, a PhD student in computer science who did the GNOME OPW with
Mailman.  She'll be focusing on paid internships like OPW and what they're
like, how to prepare and apply for them, etc.

If someone with a government background gets back to me anytime before
tomorrow, we can add them in.

Anything I should let them know with regard to set-up?  I'm assuming we're
using google hangouts -- can you create a hangout and send a link?  Their
gmail addresses are jvasile at gmail.com and kpytang at gmail.com (still getting
Emily's) as a backup.

>>> http://openhatch.org/missions/git