[Campus-bucknell-staff] curriculum for Saturday

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 14:43:38 UTC 2014

Hi Li,

Your plan looks great!  Responses inline.

> I still have some questions regarding the career panel and the projects
> time. Do you know who will be coming to the remote career panel? I
> remembered that we were inviting some developers from Mozilla and Erie
> Meyer, but I'm not sure if they have confirmed already.

Sadly we've had some last-minute issues with the panel.  Erie will not be
able to make it.  I've emailed some friends at the Sunlight Foundation
<http://sunlightfoundation.com/> to see if anyone there is able to replace
her and talk about FLOSS in government.  Will get you a complete list of
career panelists by the end of the day (and hopefully sooner).

> Also I read through the project lists that open-hatch provides. I really
> like most of the projects and found them very interesting, but I don't
> think they are easy enough to understand by people who do not have a lot of
> background in CS. My plan is to make an easy project (like some HTML pages
> with some JavaScript) on Launch's Github page and have people clone it and
> make contributions. I remembered seeing a simple HTML sample project on
> Open Hatch but I couldn't find them anymore. If you know which project it
> was, could you please send me the link to that project again?

The git activity that I linked has a sample project, as does this version
of the activity:
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Curriculum/Directory

We will also have some curated tasks for people to work on.  I will also
pass those along by the end of the day, and you can take a quick look and
decide whether you want to include them during projects time.