[Campus-boston-summer-staff] next steps for the event!

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 16:22:25 UTC 2013

Hi Christopher,

So when we send department-specific emails, we use this template:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NM3JPNUWOebDwpwebxUtumf0i-e1zwe-0PipYZrFAVE/edit

The main thing to do is, for each department, pick free software projects
to mention which are used in that field.  We keep a list here:
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Oss_projects_by_domain

But there's also this if you want to add more or find a department that's
not on our list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free_and_open-source_software_packages#Science

You might also want to do a little editing of the "from you" portion at the
top.

I've added a new sheet to the publicity doc.  I find it helpful to keep
track of which science departments have been contacted separately from the
rest.

- Shauna