[WMF-outreach-staff] Report-back from Tuesday, and action items (and request for comment)

Gregory Varnum greg.varnum at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 05:03:55 UTC 2012

Some way to identify, recruit, beg, coerce, kidnap, or whatever works to get more experts to hover around and help beginners table. We were short on folks helping raised hands and I think Asheesh (who did a great job today btw) had to take all Windows questions (confirming how rusty on Windows I've become..). I suspect this will be better tomorrow, but a note for the future.

Not sure how well non-techies understood Hackathon - but my impression was that those who stayed got things done and something out of it. Conveying what it is to non-dev types in less geeky lingo may be good for next year or other hackathons that overlap another WM event.

Falling asleep as I type or I'd try to offer solutions to the above notes..but will ponder more later.

-Greg

Sent from my iPhone. Apologies for any typos. A more detailed response may be sent later.