[WMF-outreach-staff] Report-back from Tuesday, and action items (and request for comment)

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Jul 11 03:59:44 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm going to bed momentarily, but would be definitely interested in
hearing your thoughts on Tuesday (and the impending Wednesday). Thanks for
working together and being a great team -- mega thanks to Greg for being
so helpful as a Talkmeister and with arranging some extra talks for
Wednesday.

Things that seemed to go well:

* Mike reports many people were quite happy with how inclusive the
day felt

* I did see a few people volunteer as helpers

Things to do differently:

* Mention breakfast food during the opening ceremonies

* Get more talkmeisters to volunteer earlier on

* Encourage the newbies to sign-in so we can get them the exit survey

* Encourage everyone to write about themselves in the "Interested" section
of the wiki page

* Find out if people want to do tech tasks before sending them down the
laptop setup world (although hopefully many today can do even more because
they did do laptop setup)

Things that were sub-optimal that I don't know what to do about:

* wi-fi: ??

Other things I did tonight:

* Email all the Wed speakers with info and their scheduled time

* Email Yaron Koren with feedback on his talk's proposed slides

That's all from me for now. Thanks all for being so helpful!

-- Asheesh.