[WMF-outreach-staff] Documenting the OSM activities during the Hackathon

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Fri Jul 6 18:44:18 UTC 2012

Kolossos, thanks for joining the list!

We sent a survey out to the people who seem interested in attending,
and there's lots of possible Hackathon attendees who are newcomers,
and many are interested in OSM work:

http://lists.openhatch.org/pipermail/wmf-outreach-staff/2012-July/000043.html

Many people are interested in this event title that I made up, based on what
aude said might be possible:

"A hands-on session on making your own custom maps, based on OpenStreetMap and
open source tools"

Lots are also interested in:

"A hands-on session on editing OpenStreetMap"

We don't have to do both, but it'd be great to do at least one.

I noticed that aude will be away, Wed afternoon, at
http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Loves_Libraries
from what I can tell. Kolossos, is the above an event that you could
make happen? And/or is it something that Development Seed or Yarl
could work on?

aude, I'd appreciate more information as to what you imagine a
"beginners tutorial" would mean, and how long it would take. For example,
is there a wiki page about Yarl's tutorial at Haifa?

Trying to learn more to make sure I can help appropriately. Thanks!

-- Asheesh.