[WMF-outreach-staff] Requesting help planning the "Hackathon Group Dinner"

James Hare james.hare at wikidc.org
Fri Jul 6 05:26:22 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Asheesh Laroia <lists at asheesh.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'd love help planning the "Hackathon Group Dinner" that would be
> great to see.
>
> Depending on what makes sense, we could:
>
> * Bring food into the Marvin Center, by delivery, and ask people to
>   split the cost if they participate

Bringing food into the Marvin Center is forbidden. You have to use the
overpriced caterer, at which point you may as well...

> * Go out to nearby restaurants, so long as I can get a reasonable
>   list of nearby reasonably-priced places.

...and have a better time.

> * (your idea here)
>
> Since I'm not a local, and I'm currently far away, I definitely want
> help with this.
>
> I want to make sure we follow Donald Rumsfeld's advice:
>
> "Whatever it is we do substantively, There will be near-perfect clarity,
> As to what it is. And it will be known."

Never thought I'd see the day where a computer programmer would
casually drop a Rumsfeld reference.

> We can document the list of recommended/suggested restaurants on the
> wiki or something; I can take care of that if people provide a list
> here on the list, or if people want to be bold and make edits somewhere,
> that'd be fine with me!

District Common is a few minutes' walk, and, from what I am told, it
is quite good. There's also Founding Farmers!