[WMF-outreach-staff] Inquiry about Wikimania

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Thu Jul 5 06:06:20 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Sumana Harihareswara's message of Wed Jul 04 02:23:31 -0400 2012:
> Rynnel, thanks for writing to us.  We don't have a strict theme
> regarding this year's Wikimania hackathon.
>
> https://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hackathon has a description of
> what we'll be doing, and of course you're welcome to come join in and
> work on technologies that integrate with Wikipedia and other Wikimedia
> software.

Yes, Hi Rynnel and all!

Rynnel, in terms of theme, we're interested in helping people contribute
to Wikipedia's content, MediaWiki software, related software (like
extensions), and to generally get more involved in the Wikimedia Foundation's
and other related open source communities.

If you're interested in participating in those, that'd be excellent,
and we'd be happy to have you.

Some hackathons are general, open events where people work on their own
projects. This hackathon is focused, as Sumana said, on technologies that
integrate with Wikipedia and other Wikimedia software.

Hope that helps! And maybe see you there!?

-- Asheesh.