[WMF-outreach-staff] Git/Gerrit tutorial: who can run it?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Jul 4 23:30:00 UTC 2012

The Git/Gerrit tutorial is something that many people are requesting. So:

At http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Berlin_Hackathon_2012 , Patrick Reilly
gave a tutorial on Git and Gerrit.

The tutorial's info is (luckily) documented here:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/Tutorial

So we're in pretty good shape. We need to do a few things, though.

First, from what I can tell, Patrick isn't coming to the hackathon. So we
need a person with Git/Gerrit experience who can do it. I can start
reaching out to people, but if e.g. Sumana knows someone who would be a
good teacher for this, then I'd love to go with a recommendation.

Second, we should get that person to practice.

Also, Sumana, can you comment on what improvements (if any) were requested
by attendees of the Berlin version of the tutorial?

Third, we should figure out the rest of the schedule for the hackathon.
That's the point of this (and future) threads about specific activities.
(-:

-- Asheesh.