[Events] Finding staff for python workshops and project nights

JP Bader jp at zavteq.com
Mon Mar 3 15:32:35 UTC 2014

After going to the workshop last week, one thing I noticed was the
volunteers/assistants were not clearly marked. Unless you sat down at a
table and either guessed, or hoped, the person next to you was able to
help, there was no discernible way to know who was helping. Maybe name tags
or sweater vests or silly Dr. Seuss hats as indicators?

I enjoyed talking to people, seeing if I could help with questions, and
answering any unique questions folks threw out. Hopefully I helped more
than annoyed :)

JP

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Eric Stein <toba at des.truct.org> wrote:

>  I generally go with asking in the community for volunteers. Of course, I
> am more ad-hoc about things than you are.
>
> Guidelines to follow are, I ask the people I think of first. If I still
> don't have enough people, I ask people to put themselves out there and I
> will contact them if I need them.
>
> I then just don't contact people that I don't trust/dislike/etc. It's
> lower conflict that way.
>
> Eric
>

> On 02/22/2014 08:42 AM, sheila miguez wrote:
>
>   Hi all,
>
>  I am kicking off more workshops and project nights this year, and we have
> a core group of people on the cpw-staff list from last time. I'd like to
> invite more people to take on staff roles.
>
>  We have a code of conduct for staff and attendees, and I expect staff
> members to be experts above and beyond attendees.
>
>  Do any of you have guidelines you follow when recruiting staff for events?
>

> --
> sheila

JP Bader
Principal