[Events] Wiki practice

Greg Ward greg at gerg.ca
Thu Feb 14 02:01:06 UTC 2013

Hello OpenHatchers!

I'm part of a small cabal that is cloning Boston Python Workshop in
Montreal (one in English and one in French, 'cause that's just how
things work around here). I'm about to start copying the various
Boston_Python_Workshop_7/* wiki subpages, but before I do:

  * is there any particular reason why the existing BPW pages don't
    use MediaWiki's templates and/or transclusion features? seems to
    me like a lot of cut 'n paste could be reduced that way

  * any particular reason for the serial numbering, i.e. B_P_W_1,
    B_P_W_2, ..., B_P_W_7 rather than just having one B_P_W page which
    is updated for each successive workshop? I can see good reasons for
    going either way, but having a single set of pages to maintain
    seems more useful to me than having a historical archive of old
    workshop materials. Do students of BPW #3 really go back to the
    B_P_W_3 pages?

Thanks --

       Greg
--