[Events] Wiki practice

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Feb 14 02:04:45 UTC 2013

Hi Greg, I ended up trying templates when preparing pages for the 2nd
Chicago Python Workshop. Our wiki pages are based on the Boston Python
Workshop wiki pages, but with a few little changes since we haven't
taught all of the same projects in one event. You can take a look to
see if you think it works.

https://openhatch.org/wiki/Chicago_Python_Workshop

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Greg Ward <greg at gerg.ca> wrote:
> Hello OpenHatchers!
>
> I'm part of a small cabal that is cloning Boston Python Workshop in
> Montreal (one in English and one in French, 'cause that's just how
> things work around here). I'm about to start copying the various
> Boston_Python_Workshop_7/* wiki subpages, but before I do:
>
>   * is there any particular reason why the existing BPW pages don't
>     use MediaWiki's templates and/or transclusion features? seems to
>     me like a lot of cut 'n paste could be reduced that way
>
>   * any particular reason for the serial numbering, i.e. B_P_W_1,
>     B_P_W_2, ..., B_P_W_7 rather than just having one B_P_W page which
>     is updated for each successive workshop? I can see good reasons for
>     going either way, but having a single set of pages to maintain
>     seems more useful to me than having a historical archive of old
>     workshop materials. Do students of BPW #3 really go back to the
>     B_P_W_3 pages?
>
> Thanks --
>
>        Greg
> --