[Events] The first Midwest Python Workshop was a go!

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Sat May 5 22:56:23 UTC 2012

As the subject says, we had the first workshop in Indianapolis last
month, co-located with Indiana LinuxFest -- and learned a lot about what
it means to transplant the workshop from a dense, highly-technical city
(Boston) to a much more sparsely-populated-with-programmers farmland
location. For instance, one big surprise: apparently very few attendees
had used Twitter before, whereas in Boston everyone did.

We've got pictures and more of a write-up on the day because
co-organizer Catherine Devlin blogged about it here:
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/2012/04/indianapolis-python-workshop-for-women.html

If you're interested in workshops in the midwest, we have a mailing list
for organizing them
(http://lists.openhatch.org/mailman/listinfo/mpw-staff) -- it's quiet
right now since we're still recovering from the one in Indianapolis, and
don't have immediate ideas for location/dates for the next round, but
join and introduce yourselves and pitch in where and when you think the
next one ought to be, and maybe we'll stir up some action. ;-)

Cheers!

--Mel