[Events] Update: PyStar site & web app tutorial

Lukas Blakk lukasblakk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 02:54:13 UTC 2011

Hi All,

So Gregg and I have put a bunch more time into adjusting the PyStar
(http://pystar.org) site.  I just finished going through the whole
WebApp tutorial as if I was a newbie (cause I am, to Django).  Thanks
Asheesh and Jessica for making such great tutorials!

I edited the instructions as I went through and I changed them to not
use an external deployment solution for now as I believe we will just do
local deployment and git committing.  Of course if that changes, pull
requests are welcome to keep the site as up to date as possible.

I also added PyStar Boston to the front page, as I hope there's another
one in the works.

I'm working on getting the first Bay Area workshop happening on April
23/24 at the Mozilla office, my request for the space is in and I'll
update the site as soon as I know for sure.

Tomorrow Gregg and Amanda have someone who will test the web app
tutorial instructions again and hopefully that will weed out any more
gotchas before their workshop in a week.

If you plan to tackle some part of the site code
(https://github.com/lsblakk/pystar), please give a heads up in
#openhatch so that people know not to work on conflicting sections.

Cheers,
Lukas