[OH-Dev] [issue947] Improve the UI of the edit profile page

Susan Tan bugs at openhatch.org
Sun Mar 9 09:11:59 UTC 2014

New submission from Susan Tan <onceuponatimeforever at gmail.com>:

Overall goal: Let's re-design the front-end of the edit profile page to create a more pleasant user
experience. The current edit profile page is aesthetically un-appealing, time-consuming to
complete, and has CSS flaws.

Even though I'm not a designer or artist, I can see room for improvement on this page.

There are some obvious glaring CSS flaws that should really be fixed, as shown in the attached
screenshot:
1. the instructional text don't line up in the same line
2 the save and cancel button are not on the same line

Some design-related proposals:
1. Most of the instructional text are located on the right side of the box. Instead, I think the page
looks better if the text are placed directly above the form boxes or are used as text placeholders
within the box itself.
2. The page looks long and time-consuming to complete, which is possibly bad for bounce rate
and user engagement. We can shorten the page by reducing the size of the form boxes.

I'm free to discuss with anyone interested in design stuff as it relates to this ticket on IRC. My nick
is ArcTanSusan.

assignedto: onceuponatimeforever
messages: 4163
nosy: onceuponatimeforever, paulproteus
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Improve the UI of the edit profile page