[OH-Dev] Issue Management Migration to GitHub Issues

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Aug 7 07:17:13 UTC 2014

Hi Asheesh,

On 07.08.2014 08:30, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> Huge props for Louis for doing all the research on this over PyCon. I
> found the scripts he was using, and made and tested them out, and made
> a few changes, and here is my latest test import:
>
> https://github.com/imported-from-roundup/test/issues
>
> One known issue: I link to a domain I haven't set up yet,
> http://roundup-archive.openhatch.org/ , which is where I'll keep the
> files and /bugs/ URLs after I take a snapshot of them (and then I'll
> turn off Roundup!).
>

> One other thing I plan to do is to redirect requests to
> openhatch.org/bugs/issueXYZ <http://openhatch.org/bugs/issueXYZ> to
> github.com/openhatch/oh-mainline/issuesXYZ
> <http://github.com/openhatch/oh-mainline/issuesXYZ> .
>
> Any feedback on this format, before I do the real import to
> oh-mainline's issue tracker? If there are no blockers, I'm tempted to
> do that tomorrow, and then it'll be all done.
I don't know if this is a show-stopper for the migration, but I just
looked through the imported bugs at GitHub and see that all their
"latest modification time" is squashed to the runtime of the conversion
scripts. This is probably expected, but maybe there is a way to tweak
the "add time", such that you don't lose part of your (time) history.
I sometimes find it useful to be able to see "Oh, that's a bug from long
ago with no recent action. I'll have a look at it."

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,

Dirk