[OH-Dev] Issue Management Migration to GitHub Issues

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Aug 7 15:26:44 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 12:17 AM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

>  Hi Asheesh,
>

> On 07.08.2014 08:30, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
>
>  Huge props for Louis for doing all the research on this over PyCon. I
> found the scripts he was using, and made and tested them out, and made a
> few changes, and here is my latest test import:
>
>  https://github.com/imported-from-roundup/test/issues
>
> One known issue: I link to a domain I haven't set up yet,
> http://roundup-archive.openhatch.org/ , which is where I'll keep the
> files and /bugs/ URLs after I take a snapshot of them (and then I'll turn
> off Roundup!).
>

>  One other thing I plan to do is to redirect requests to
> openhatch.org/bugs/issueXYZ to github.com/openhatch/oh-mainline/issuesXYZ
> .
>
>  Any feedback on this format, before I do the real import to
> oh-mainline's issue tracker? If there are no blockers, I'm tempted to do
> that tomorrow, and then it'll be all done.
>
> I don't know if this is a show-stopper for the migration, but I just
> looked through the imported bugs at GitHub and see that all their "latest
> modification time" is squashed to the runtime of the conversion scripts.
> This is probably expected, but maybe there is a way to tweak the "add
> time", such that you don't lose part of your (time) history.
> I sometimes find it useful to be able to see "Oh, that's a bug from long
> ago with no recent action. I'll have a look at it."

Hi Dirk! Thanks for the response! It's always great to know someone else is
interested.

>From what I can tell, the Github Issues API doesn't let us specify a last
modified timestamp: https://developer.github.com/v3/issues/#create-an-issue

But we do have some text on the bug that indicates last modified date. See
https://github.com/imported-from-roundup/test/issues/991 and
https://github.com/imported-from-roundup/test/issues/1026 to see that.

If you have an idea for how to better-display that "Last modified" date
imported from Roundup, I'd love to hear.

Either way, thank you again for the response!