[OH-Dev] introduction & data model

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Thu Jun 14 17:54:53 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Ben Teeuwen's message of Thu Jun 14 13:52:21 -0400 2012:
> Hi there,
>
> My name is Ben and I'm trying to understand the openhatch codebase. The goal is to see in how far I can adapt to a soccer player exchange website for my local sports club. We always have short term absentees, and then a captain has to arrange players from other teams to ensure a minimal presence of 5 people.
>
> A friend of mine told me that perhaps a modified open hatch might do.. so now I am experimenting. Disclaimer; it's my first django adventure and I'm a complete code rookie. I have a local copy running, changed some labels here and there and I'm now trying to play with the templates. Good job with the instructions :)!
>
> Now I'm wondering how I can check out the data model and the database itself. I have a mac with sequel pro, but didn't find any credentials on the wiki / doc directory. Anyone know how to?

Great to hear from you!

You'll find the data models in:

mysite/*/models.py

In particular, the database is sitting in mysite/site.db and
is a sqlite3 file. You can see more database connection info in
mysite/settings.py (though that file, upon a quick re-read, is
kind of hard to read and is peppered with special cases that
could use more comments).

Good luck!