[Campus-rutgers-staff] Guest Wireless?

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 04:47:14 UTC 2013

Check tomorrow, and if it doesn't work let's get on requesting guest
accounts immediately.  We'll definitely need one for me, and ideally for
all of the mentors, as well as any off-campus students.

If you could test these items on the guest network, that would be great.
 (If you have any questions re: how to check them just ask.)

   - What network restrictions seem to be in place?
      - Does SSH work?
      - Does IRC work?
      - Does doing a git clone over the git:// protocol work?
      - Do websites over http:// work?
      - Do webites over https:// work?
      - What kind of bandwidth do the networks seem to give? (A good way to
      find out is to just use a normal speed testing site like
      http://www.speedtest.net/ .)