[WMF-outreach-staff] Data-driven "inreach"

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Sep 19 23:08:13 UTC 2013

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013, Quim Gil wrote:

> As you can see Aug 15 didn't quite work.  ;)  But I'm back to SF and
> happy to meet you / chat with you, as always.

Oops!

So I'll give a quick update here, and we can see what makes sense in terms
of meetings.

David Lu has finished rewriting the Ubuntu codebase in a way that lets us
cover other projects, and we're going to start doing user testing with the
Debian community first. "Finished" is of course a relative term, in
software.

In a week or so, we'll have done some user testing with Debian folks.

Maybe you'd enjoy joining the "Debian Welcome Team" mailing list, people
here -- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/welcome-team -- to
get a glimpse of the user testing process.

I'm going to be out of town again for two weeks, starting this Friday Sep
20. So maybe we can all meet up digitally, on Mon Sep 30? Or in person,
Mon Oct 7; but I don't know if that works for Dave.

One thing I'd be curious about is, since Dave's GSoC time is running out
soon, if it might make sense for him to continue some of this work as a
WMF intern, so there's some new person who can do the integration work
with WMF rather than using existing WMF staff resources.

Ciao for now,

Asheesh.