[WMF-outreach-staff] Openhatch - Wikimedia meeting minutes

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Feb 28 07:07:12 UTC 2013

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Feb 2013, Quim Gil wrote:
>
>> Hi, these are the minutes of our meeting this morning. Thank you to all
>> participants!
>>
>> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Volunteer_coordination_and_outreach/Openhatch_2013-02-27
>>
>> PS: Asheesh, as promised I have started with
>> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil/Contributors
>
> Wow, these notes are great! Thanks!

Other notes I took that you folks are likely to find interesting:

OpenHatch just began accepting events as "Affiliated" if they have
newcomer-outreach as a goal. https://openhatch.org/wiki/Events/Affiliated
has the info on that. If future WMF events want to be
OpenHatch-affiliated, we'd love that.

I tried signing up for a new Gerrit account, and it sure is easy. Great!

We had enthusiastically discussed usability testing and adding to
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/Browser_testing/Test_backlog and writing
acceptance test criteria as ways new contributors can make a difference.
I'll make sure that appears on our radar as we plan further
campus.openhatch.org events, and check in with the QA wheel!

We also discussed the OpenHatch training missions. The best one might be
the 'git' one, so you could try it:

https://openhatch.org/missions/git

I'm working on an IRC training mission (no ETA for it quite yet).

People had mentioned a desire for "How to file a bug" training mission. We
don't have one yet... but if you want to write a plot, I can see if I can
make the backend appear. Including spinning up a fake virtual bug tracker
for the interactions, if that is part of the plot. (-:

You can file bugs requesting new training missions here:
https://openhatch.org/bugs/

Cheers, and feel very free to idle on #openhatch on irc.freenode.net! I'm
paulproteus there and most places.

-- Asheesh.