[WFS-India] FWD: Breaking the Internet Censorship

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 18:32:11 UTC 2015

_________________________

 Pirate Praveen started a discussion in Indian Pirates:

*Statement on Indian Government censorship of the Internet
<http://www.loomio.org/d/nqX18GOa/statement-on-indian-government-censorship-of-the-internet?utm_campaign=thread_mailer&utm_medium=email&utm_source=new_discussion>*

-- Draft statement, please comment, before 9th Jan 2015 --

Recently many sites have been blocked by many Internet Service Providers
(see http://techcrunch.com/2014/12/31/indian-government-censorsht/ for more
details). We, Indian Pirates, consider this as a violation of our
fundamental right to freedom of speech and expression guaranteed by the
constitution. We don't expect this government will listen to any of us, to
uphold basic human rights. So we are left with only technical measures to
exercise our fundamental rights.

We recommend using censorship free DNS services like opennicproject.org and
dns.watch to continue browsing the internet without interruption.

We also anticipate more powerful censorship in the coming days, so we
recommend everyone to start using tor (torproject.org).

As a long term solution, we recommend getting involved in politics and stop
expecting career politicians to stand up for our rights. Support groups and
collectives that defend democracy and fight for human rights.

Indian Pirates is a collective fighting for human rights and civil
liberties. You can join us at pirates.org.in

Best

A. Mani

Prof(Miss) A. Mani