[WFS-India] Inputs for a story on women in Open Source in India

Noopur noopur.raval at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 20:38:19 UTC 2014

Dear all,

Happy new year and seasons greetings to you.

I am writing to you in order to get some inputs for an article that I am
writing for opensource.com celebrating women in FLOSS. I had written to
them about how women in tech in India have a different experience to
narrate and the kind of projects that all of us are involved in - making
social change, fighting sexism at work, inclusion of non-binary genders and
more!

I also felt and told them that this story shouldn't be about me or a few
people but should do the task of highlighting where we stand as a
community. That's why I am bringing it to you for help - do any of you have
statistics on women in tech in India? Or, if there is a story you want to
share about everyday sexism at work, your struggle or simply, your own
project at hand, please write to me offline! :)

Obviously, full credit will be given to you and I think it will do the
crucial task of giving some highlight to our list also.

Best,
Noopur

--
Noopur Raval