[WFS-India] [Off-topic] - Airtel wants to break net neutrality. We have to fight back!

Abhiram Ravikumar abhi12ravi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 18:31:20 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Found another article that describes clearly, how and why Airtel's move is
a disastrous and unhealthy one. (here
<http://www.medianama.com/2014/12/223-a-response-to-airtels-statement-justifying-net-neutrality-violation/>
)

Some experts worth reading:

*The Internet is an access service, for which consumers pay Airtel, and
> VoIP is a service that consumers use via the Internet. What is provided
> over the Internet should be none of Airtel’s concern, providing the
> Internet should be. *

*What Airtel is doing is slicing up the Internet into types of services,
> and charging for those separately. Which means, and this is a privacy
> issue, it checks what you are doing online.*

Finally, this:

*VoIP calls are becoming 311% more expensive if you take the Rs 249 data
> pack, and 470% more expensive if you take the Rs 449 data pack (2.5 GB).*

Source:

--
Regards,
Abhiram Ravikumar