[WFS-India] website changes -- 'about us' modified

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 16:01:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Debamitro Chakraborti
<debamitro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually our group aims at encouraging newcomers. It is not an advocacy or a
> rights-based group. I agree that these inputs fall within our broader goal,
> but for the sake of popularisation let's keep our website pages warm, happy
> and simple in language.
> I feel the right place for these points is
> 1. either a separate group which is more rights- or advocacy-based (which we
> can ally with)
> 2. some FAQ page inside our site
> Definitely not material for 'who we are' or 'about us' or 'our history'.

It is not about rights, but about being inclusive.

My view is that the line should have 'women' only as trans-men will
not believe that a group (WFS) for women would be able to address
their issues in the first place because of social conditioning. But
many other feminists will stick to what was stated earlier.

In a "code of conduct" guidelines, I don't have a problem in being inclusive.

Best

A. Mani

A. Mani
CU, ASL, AMS, CLC, CMS