[WFS-India] ideas for next events

Satabdi Das satabdidas at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 19:29:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

We have got great ideas on this from Indranil. I am putting it here on
behalf of him. We need more such ideas and of course people :) to help us
organize the events.

Please feel free to share your views, thoughts on it.

- compiling stuff off CPAN

- how to set up a basic build environment - build-essentials goes
that, but what does it go and grab
- how to check if you have all the deps for above
- how to utilize something like debootstrap
- how to package - rpm / deb
- how to use kickstart / preseed

- how to install, configure and troubleshoot Drupal plugins
- Understanding the differences between plugins and extensions
- how to install and configure - say Apache Tomcat
- how to use Apache Solr to index your files
- how to use some of the latest front-ends for your Solr search

- how to setup virtual test networks using virtualization technique
- how to setup various CMS engines - from packages as well as from tarballs

- how to use firebug or similar tools to debug your web page / apps
- how to use trap HTTP POST variables before they are submitted to a
web-server

- how to monitor your network using wireshark
- introduction into cyber forensics

Thanks,
Satabdi

--
Whatever you do may seem insignificant to you, but it is most important
that you do it <http://bangalore.aidindia.org/>.