[WFS-India] one more task -- website description

Debamitro Chakraborti debamitro at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 19:18:01 UTC 2013

Our website's description ('Who we are') needs to be completed. I am
setting the ball rolling with the following attempt. I personally think it
is not good and is half-baked. I have forgotten my
etherpad<http://wfs-india.etherpad.mozilla.org>password so I am
sharing it here. Someone please create a pad (with the
existing version as well) so that we can edit it together:

*********************************
Women are around 27% of the IT workforce. Yet the open source world with
its equitable agenda has seen only around 3% women's participation.
We are a motley gang of people from India who believe it is time to correct
this imbalance. India contributes substantially to the open source world
and we believe many many more women can do so. We also believe in the
liberating power of open source, and the superior quality of many open
source products which we use. We want more women in India to enjoy,
contribute to, and benefit from FOSS.

Let your creative juices loose -- we can have a video/animation
introduction as well if someone can make it. No need to be constrained by
plain text.

Request from my side --- I'd be happier if this task is taken up by more
women than men.
--
http://about.me/debamitro
*don't polish your ignorance, it will shine*<http://www.ishafoundation.org/>