[WFS-India] Queries about one's account on the wfs-india.org website

Kaustav Das Modak kaustav at codebinders.com
Sat Jun 22 15:15:41 UTC 2013

On Saturday 22 June 2013 08:31 PM, A. Mani wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 4:32 AM, Indranil Das Gupta <indradg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> a) Who has the copyright to a user contributed article?
>>
>> b) what is the licensing used for the content?

Extract of license from
https://github.com/kaustavdm/glugcal/blob/master/LICENSE (link at the
footer of WFS-India website)

<quote>

IGLUG-CAL Website Source Code is distributed under the terms of GNU-GPL
Version 3 and above. Individual third party components retain their
respective original licenses.

This does not apply to any of the content items in the GLUG-Cal Website
(http://www.ilug-cal.info or http://www.iglug-cal.org ). Copyright and all
other rights are reserved by the respective authors.

</unquote>

>> c) does the article get published directly or is it moderated?

Articles submitted by non-admins remain in unpublished state unless
someone with publishing rights (e.g. moderator or admin) approves.

>> d) how does a registered user deactivate / delete own account?

It wasn't enabled for registered users. I have activated it.

Users can cancel their own account through My Account -> Edit -> Cancel
Account

>> e) how does a registered user remove the files uploaded into the
>> user's space on the server?

For uploads to submission forms, like the poster submission forms
contact admins. For attachments etc.:

My Account -> File Browser (tab)

>> f) who other than the user had edit access to articles posted?

Admins and Moderators. Current list include: Debamitro, Priyanka,
Satabdi, Tarashish, Mani and me.

> It is same as for GLUG-Cal
> See Site License: a, b : user needs to specify.

> Users are allowed to contribute directly preferably after discussion
> on mail list: c
> But no guide in place.:
>
> There must be a way as some did: d
> e: must request admin
> f: admins

Regarding f, there is a "moderator" role as well, which can be given to
volunteers for permissions with adding/editing/deleting content only.
They will not be able to perform other administrative activities.

Cheers.

--
Kaustav Das Modak
Desinated Partner