[WFS-India] Suggestion for re-modelling of the mailing list rules

Satabdi Das satabdidas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 04:33:46 UTC 2013

This is getting very tiring.
I am going to ask for vote on the following matter in a separate mail
thread so that no one misses it out and to close this topic.
To be voted on -
- Adopt the original guideline proposed by IDG, Kaustav and Tarashish -
https://wfs-india.etherpad.mozilla.org/ep/pad/view/9/Dyfc9GVqBb
- Adopt the revised and smaller guideline proposed by IDG -
https://wfs-india.etherpad.mozilla.org/ep/pad/view/9/0e8BV2sPjX
- Adopt the latest guidelines as edited by Mani -
https://wfs-india.etherpad.mozilla.org/ep/pad/view/9/latest

@Kaustav, I can not speak for others - but I do not reply to every email
sent by Mani because
- it leads to a convoluted set of for-against arguments in a debate which
doesn't add much value and also has potential to scare away the new people
in the group.
- it wastes my time and effort to entangle in ideological debate at this
stage of the group where I could put my energy planning for the next
event(s)
- I find it a harrowing experience with Mani blatantly making sweeping
statements and the way she makes it.

So it, by no means imply, I support Mani's point of view or I have nothing
to say.

@Kaustav, @Tarashish, I enjoyed a lot when we organized the git workshop
together with Aruna and other people (Svaksha, Sumana - sorry if I missed
out anyone) pitched in with their feedback and suggestions. Please do not
loose interest in this group just because one member is blindly putting her
arguments without being sensitive to the ethos of the group.

@Mani, as far as I can see, the rest of the members in the group (from
those who responded to your email) are not radical and do not support your
radical ideas. In such case, it would be good if you create another group
and follow your ideas. I think such informal groups will function well when
members have agreement on a set or style of ideologies and way of
communication.

Thanks,
Satabdi