[WFS-India] Suggestion for re-modelling of the mailing list rules

Aruna S safincrazy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 14:57:15 UTC 2013

Wow, I had never explored the three links that followed the first
paragraph.

Can you apply the patch on your local repository and build an html page to
share it with us? :) I'd love to see it.

I really do agree with you, on the front that newbies should not have any
fear of approaching us irrespective of how simple their problem may seem to
seasoned FOSS users and contributors. In the recent RailsGirls SoC, they
are teaching girls to use the irc, *after* they get selected for the
internship and are helping them to install applications which already have
detailed wikis. Women need that sort of confidence building at the
beginning of any initiative, even though they may be highly skilled and
intelligent, from what I have seen. It has more to do with their fear of
making mistakes and the fear of not being good enough, more than anything
else.

Thank you, for your concern and your interest in introducing FOSS to women.
It's encouraging, to say the least. :)

Warmly,
Aruna