[WFS-India] feedback on using the word "M$"

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 14:39:32 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Satabdi Das <satabdidas at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you feel we are trying to "sweep all the problems under the carpet",
> please point out where we are doing it. Otherwise simply throwing terms like
> "right-wing media strategy" or "corporate speak" doesn't help.

Nobody can be independent of the socio-political mileu.

An example is in your other reply in this thread
I will answer it there.

> I liked the positive (I know I am being repetitive on this) atmosphere
> provided to the Gnome OPW interns during my internship and you can see it in

The Gnome OPW context is very different. They do not deal with newbies
and are more concerned with very specific development projects. Our
context is too different. We are not handling motivated people (only)
who can actually write code.

Their websites have all their beliefs, goals etc written in black and
white. So they need not bother about stating them again to motivated
people.

>> Direct confrontation of problems invariably
>> attracts attention.  Newbies need motivation and people who do not
>> seem to be confronting problems would be seen in bad light.
>

> I think we have  different opinions on how to motivate people. I personally
> get motivated from doers, by awesome ideas, amazing software and other many
> constructive things. Hence in my opinion, we need to show better
> alternatives.

The category of 'motivation'
 relates to many other 'categories'.
Why exclude?