[WFS-India] feedback on using the word "M$"

Satabdi Das satabdidas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 17:40:27 UTC 2013

I think these discussions are gradually shaping our identity and thoughts
as a group.

I fully agree with Aruna.

There are multiple reasons why people do not use FOSS.
- a myth that it is difficult to use
- habit of using Windows
- lack of knowledge of other FOSS alternatives are some of them.

Lets aim to ease those obstacles and get people using and contributing to
FOSS.

And personally, I have seen so many people totally unaware of their rights
and freedoms that our constitution guarantees, I have very little hope of
people understanding about freedom software if we tell them about it at the
first go. But at the same time, we all cherish these values and should try
to explain them to people. Somewhere we have to find a balance.

Lets try to help people see that there are better FOSS alternatives and
once they start using it and find value in it they will hopefully
understand

But in our communication with newbies, lets try to be
- positive
- polite
- helpful
- encouraging

Thanks,
Satabdi

--
Whatever you do may seem insignificant to you, but it is most important
that you do it <http://bangalore.aidindia.org/>.