[WFS-India] hackathons and events in Delhi

Satabdi Das satabdidas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 15:03:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

Last week's hackathon at Hack For Change was amazing.

Lots of new ideas came up during those 2 days (to name a few - hate meter
twitter bot, android and web-app called she-alert, visualizations and
meaningful representation of data on violence against Dalit women etc).
Given only 2 days, the hackathon was quite productive. Work is still going
on most of the projects. For example, the project on violence against Dalit
women is a still ongoing on. We have some cool ideas and if you are
interested please do give me a shout.

But most importantly, I realized that hackathon is a wonderful idea to keep
the spirit of a group active. We have a few people in this group based in
Delhi-NCR and I think we should have a small event. There are a lot of fun
ideas

- wiki edit party
- install fest
- working on a project (we may pick up the violence against dalit women
project)
- mapping party
- data visualization
- plain vanilla meeting and chit-chat and networking over some hot tea and
samosa in this winter

We can use such an event to bring in newer faces (from our colleges, work
places) and thus build a community here in Delhi.

What say Delhi people?

Satabdi

--
Whatever you do may seem insignificant to you, but it is most important
that you do it <http://bangalore.aidindia.org/>.