[WFS-India] Fwd: hello

Satabdi Das satabdidas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 12:51:12 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Breakthrough and Hacks/Hackers-New Delhi are teaming up to organize a ‘Hack
for Change’ around women's rights! We're inviting developers, storytellers,
statisticians, journalists, researchers and activists to come together to
create data visualizations, videos and interactive digital projects that
will create awareness about early marriage, domestic violence, street
sexual harassment, and more. We'll have case studies and datasets from
various sources.

Date: December 7-8.

Time on both days: 10 am - 5:00 pm

 We’ll have data from the following (and possibly more):
Data.gov.in<http://data.gov.in/>,
World Bank, Whypoll Foundation, Breakthrough. We’re also partnering with
Google Developers Group Women, Women in free software and culture (
www.wfs-india.org<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wfs-india.org&h=CAQGfBOBY&enc=AZOv38C5AOKryR3TlBPO8RSRgl7_-4I8up7VQRSoT9WychLUfNSi2iBL23GNl8Ir2Qs&s=1>),
Datameet group (http://datameet.org/), and 91springboard (
http://www.91springboard.com/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.91springboard.com%2F&h=eAQGGZDKe&enc=AZNYQGgIWuEWHF3yhcaqTA8xM819wSLMcNAZIh4kSbb8W9t1Sg3hj8ouIoZTXs1f2ZM&s=1>),
the entrepreneurship hub.

This event is part of the ‘16 days of activism against gender based
violence’ starting 25th November (International Day for the Elimination of
Violence against Women) to 10 December (International Human Rights Day).
This is a global campaign that aims at raising awareness about gender-based
violence as a human rights issue.

Venue:

91springboard (right next to the Mohan Estate metro station)

B1/H3, Lower Ground Floor,

Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate,

Mathura Road, New Delhi-110044.

Landmarks: Haldiram’s Restaurant, Audi and BMW car showrooms

 Detailed directions here:
http://91springboard.com/contact/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2F91springboard.com%2Fcontact%2F&h=LAQHgf_9m&enc=AZOJmtRN2AjwaxmP0ej4VgOz7Uh5kv1bapfZLi3qj5YO98riItwlOmTuAyiQoin8j50&s=1>

<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2F91springboard.com%2Fcontact%2F&h=LAQHgf_9m&enc=AZOJmtRN2AjwaxmP0ej4VgOz7Uh5kv1bapfZLi3qj5YO98riItwlOmTuAyiQoin8j50&s=1>

Want to Hack for Change? Join us! Also, please share it among those who'll
be interested in attending this event.

Please RSVP here <https://www.facebook.com/events/181325168737101/>or
here<http://www.breakthrough.tv/hack4change/#section-contact>

To know more about the hackathon, please log on to

 www.breakthrough.tv/hack4change<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.breakthrough.tv%2Fhack4change&h=aAQFyUi__&enc=AZNTBoaro08NzzK36xAvyPc4PKruHdhqYjWVEKDjNHIpuW47-fLD7JkXE9pRBpntGfw&s=1>

www.hack4changedelhi.wordpress.com