[pydata-outreach-staff] Email to attendees with logistics and laptop setup

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Dec 14 18:15:58 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I wanted to check in on the question of if we've emailed the laptop setup
instructions to attendees.

If not, I recommend wrapping it in the following logistics email.

Also, vid, if you and I can reach consensus on what the attendee survey
should contain, I'd love to send it out too. In that thread, I had
suggested some wording to address your concerns, and I'm hoping you think
it's OK. But it's now much closer to the event than I hoped, so at this
stage the survey is a little less essential.

If we can put the survey in, I'd love it if you'd integrate it into the
logistics email, or ask me to and I can send a new draft of this with the
survey properly integrated.

Thanks

-- Asheesh.

Hi there,

Thanks for signing up for the PyData Workshop + Sprint!

This email contains a few logistics notes you'll need to know to make
the best of the workshop, and help it run as smoothly as possible.

What to bring
-------------

We expect you to bring yourself and a laptop computer that can join a
wifi network. It can be running Windows, Mac OS, or a Linux distribution
(or if it runs something else, that's cool, but you might run into
issues with the workshop).

It is important that you bring a computer you can program on, rather
than just a tablet or mobile phone.

Planning for food
-----------------

We plan to provide lunch, thanks to the Python Software Foundation for
sponsoring! We'll have vegetarian and meaty options.

If you have dietary restrictions that we should know about, we'd be very
happy to make sure we accommodate that. Just reply and let us know, and
we'll email you back.

Laptop setup
------------

Getting your computer configured to contribute to pandas can be
time-consuming, so we wrote a guide that you can work through.

You can find it here:

https://github.com/svaksha/PyData-Workshop-Sprint/wiki/laptop-setup

We strongly encourage you to work through it before the event. If you
are having any trouble, we can help out! Please come 15 minutes early
(at 9:45am) to the venue and we'll be there to work with you.

Venue
-----

The location is:

* Pivotal Labs (8th floor), 841 Broadway New York, NY

* Date: Sun 12/16

* Arrive at 9:45 for laptop setup, or 10 AM for general meet&greet.

* Full schedule:
https://github.com/svaksha/PyData-Workshop-Sprint/wiki/2012-NYC

Other emails

After the workshop, we'll send you an exit survey to find out what we
can improve about the event.

If you want to get in touch with us, email:
pydata-outreach-staff at lists.openhatch.org

See you Sunday!