[pydata-outreach-staff] Laptop setup guide, and questions

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Dec 13 02:53:20 UTC 2012

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> Status of the setup guide so far:
>
> * Discovered an un under-documented dependency on Cython -- the build from
> git abruptly fails in the absence of Cython (it's in the README, but in the
> 'optional' section, so I missed it) (all platforms)
>
> * Discovered the build fails with a confusing error message with Cython 0.15;
> requires Cython 0.17.1 (all platforms)

https://github.com/pydata/pandas/issues/2509

Upstream fixed the issue. Mega props to them. Among other things, this
means 'sudo apt-get install cython' should be enough for Ubuntu+Debian
users now.

I have to go to bed but will work on this more when I wake; should be able
to ship it at noon for y'all's review, already tested at least once per
platform.

-- Asheesh.