[pydata-outreach-staff] Laptop setup guide, and questions

Vid svaksha at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 13:51:24 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
>> Hmmm…I was planning to get people started developing on pandas stuff in
>> the guided group work part of the morning session.

I like this idea too. Starting in the morning gives people more time to learn.

> Then in my opinion we should dedicate 20-30 minutes at least, in the
> morning, for laptop setup, so people can start your lecture on solid ground.
> (We'll have to do some testing and optimization of the setup instructions so
> that people can actually get through it in that much time, but we can do
> that.)

I suggest you create a spreadsheet on google, with all the questions
(like I had done earlier) and keep it open to all. Keep seperate
sheets for each OS if needed, with all the technical details required
for development.
I will email all the attendees and whoever needs help can fill it out
and we can ask just those folks to come 20-25 min early if they want
to test things out in the morning. That way we will not delay the
start of the lecture and hold up everyone else. Thoughts?

--
Regards,
Vid  ॥ http://svaksha.com