[pydata-outreach-staff] Pandas-specific invite text (round 2)

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Dec 11 16:21:27 UTC 2012

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012, Vid wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:48 PM, Emily Chen <emchennyc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This looks good to me. Should I go ahead and send it out to the Pyladies and CU-WiCS lists tomorrow morning?
>>

> If you have been tracking the registration rss feed, you will notice
> that we are SOLD out ..YAY!" Infact, I have a waiting list. Btw,
> Asheesh, I noticed that you didnt register at eventbrite, so I hope you
> are coming.
>
> PS: Yes, even the organizer (me) had to register like everyone else!

Cool! What did you set the registration limit to?

I'll register... I only booked my travel yesterday so I thought I would
wait for that. I have signed up for the wait list!

In general, for workshops that I run, I keep staff signup separate from
attendee signup, but as you mentioned you keep them together, so pardon me
for not signing up earlier.

Did you add me to the EventBrite event so I can see the attendees?

I still think we will do well to get a sense of how enthusiastic our
prospective attendees actually are, through an info spreadsheet, and send
them a more detailed email like Kat suggested, a little bit before the
event.

-- Asheesh.