[pydata-outreach-staff] Places to do outreach

Vid svaksha at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 17:18:42 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 6:47 AM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
> I was thinking these might be good places to send out a note about the
> event, and a suggestion that people sign up.
>
> PyLadies NYC: I see that http://www.meetup.com/NYC-PyLadies/events/94012262/
> is a PyLadies NYC-hosted info page for the event; that's superb! It might be
> nice to send a reminder to their mailing list.

I emailed the googlegroups but forgot about Meetup.com...phew.

> Columbia and NYU Women in Computer Science mailing lists. I can work on
> this, unless someone else wants to take point on it.
>
> Python NYC meetup. I can take point on this too, same as above.

shoot...Gloria had asked me to email when I fixed the venue and I
totally forgot this. I'm going out now and will be able to do this by
tonight. If anyone wants to get to this before that please feel free
to take over :)

> I will also email some friends to see if they'd find it interesting.
>
> I saw at least one Philadelphia person sign up on the "I'm interested"
> spreadsheet, so it might be worthwhile to send the info to the Philly Python
> User Group, too.
>
> My baseline goal is 20 attendees, and I'm hoping for ~28-30 signups and
> expecting a ~30% no-show rate (though fewer no-shows would be nice).
>
> Anyone have other ideas that come to mind as sources of attendees?

blogging and tweeting. I also have a few private lists that i will
mail tonight. Got to finish a bunch of mails before I leave. Will
catchup with you all at night.

Btw, if anyone is on IRC.Freenode.net, feel free to ping us on
#openhatch-unlogged if you wanna do the live chat thingy.

--
Regards,
Vid  ॥ http://svaksha.com