[OH-Publicity] september newsletter

Carol Willing willingc at willingconsulting.com
Sun Sep 29 19:02:11 UTC 2013

On 9/28/13 12:16 PM, Mike Linksvayer wrote:
> http://htmlpad.org/oh-newsletter-201309/
> http://htmlpad.org/oh-newsletter-201309/edit
>
> There's a bunch of OpenHatch-y links.
Hi Mike and all,

I attended LinuxCon. Some good OpenHatch-y stuff was going on.

Here are some notes that I took for a blog post that I was working on
for my personal website. Perhaps something would be useful to supplement
your links...
Carol

Notes on LinuxCon 2013

*Monday 9/16*

Women in Open Source Lunch

I attended this lunch. Introductions were done by all in attendance.
Sarah mentioned OPW. I mentioned OpenHatch as a great way to get
involved and Open Source Comes to Campus.

Article about the lunch and Lidza Louina, OPW intern photo

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/blogs/browse/2013/09/linuxcon-luncheon-connects-women-technology

*Tuesday 9/17*

a) Inspiring keynote by Candy Chang, artist and TED Senior Fellow

Highly encourage others to watch the keynote

http://youtu.be/w5cVr09VQEE

*https://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/blogs/browse/2013/08/candy-changs-lessons-community-and-collaboration-through-collective*

b) The Linux Kernel, How It's Developed and Who is Doing The Work

Greg KH

c) For a little open source fun (or my 5 seconds of fame "Can't we just
write a program for this?")

Linux Trivia

http://youtu.be/eHfymaDHryw

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/blogs/browse/2013/09/video-test-your-knowledge-linux-trivia-live-linuxcon

*Wednesday 9/18*

a) Linux Kernel Developer Panel

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/09/linuxcon/

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/blogs/browse/2013/09/kernel-developers-linus-torvalds-emphasize-diversity-innovation

b) OPW: Bringing Women into the Linux Kernel

Sarah Sharp, Interns Lisa Nguyen and Lidza Louina

--
Carol Willing
Developer