[OH-Publicity] blog post for UMass-Amherst event

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Apr 30 19:13:16 UTC 2013

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013, Shauna Gordon-McKeon wrote:

> Here's the link to the preview:
>
> https://openhatch.org/blog/?p=1731&preview=true&preview_id=1731&public=1&nonce=b8d1abf412
> The staff section will be updated before posting.  Happy to hear
> feedback on all other things.

Looks great to me. My suggestions:

* First of all, rose.makesad.us:8000 won't work anymore; it required my
laptop to run the code ): (if we want to port it to Heroku, and leave it
running on an instance there, we could do that, but probably not something
worth putting on the critical path to the blog post) so
https://github.com/openhatch/new-mini-tasks/tree/umass is a Github link
that is the very code and data we used during the event.

* It'd be great to thank Nathan Yergler and Susan Tan for their huge
contributions on the code to that app. Sample text: "We’re working to
improve the way we find, curate, and display contribution opportunities
(you can see the version we used at this event here.)" => "We’re working
to improve the way we find, curate, and display contribution opportunities
(you can see the version we used at this event here.) Huge thanks to
Nathan Yergler and Susan Tan for their profound contributions to that
codebase, giving it the features we needed for the event!"