[OH-Publicity] Who wants to go to Brazil for FISL?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Apr 26 23:14:32 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

Do you want to talk about something OpenHatchy at FISL, supposedly the
world's best free software conference, held yearly in Brazil?

I'd love it if we had some sort of presence there!

This year for personal reasons I'm cuting back on travel, but... we might
be able to find travel funding (I think FISL sometimes helps with that,
and if not, perhaps we can get creative).

Do you want to maybe talk about...

* The OpenHatch-affiliated event you organize, and how great it is?

* Open Source Comes to Campus, and how important it is to teach the next
generation of students how to get involved in open source

* The Women's Outreach Program that has grown beyond GNOME

or anything else?

Per
http://softwarelivre.org/fisl14/blog/deadline-for-speeches-proposals-postponed
the deadline is Apr 28. I am very happy to advise people who want to go
propose talks. The best way to find me is on IRC as paulproteus on
#openhatch... but I would totally answer phone calls on the topic as well.

What do you think? Who wants to go to Brazil?